It is a small matter, the two valves at the top of the tank. These valves are easy to break when they are first glued and later when other parts are assembled. I should have glued it at the end.
I left this kit alone around here for about a year. Maybe it was too much bother to move on to the painting in the middle of the building, I think I was looking for another kit.
The work stopped before the painting in the driver’s compartment. I’ve been making other kits for a while. It is quite difficult to assemble a plastic model of a truck with a long front. Other than that, it takes time and effort to adjust the figure in advance and paint the driver’s compartment inside. When I finish around here, the rest is almost as usual.
This Italeri kit includes a driver figure. Since this is an old kit, the mold and the appearance of the face are not so good, so I changed the head at least. The body and head are part in one piece, so the neck is cut off with nippers. The joints are not that good. I made it into a natural pose by turning it slightly to the front.
The clear parts were masked with masking tape. If left here, the paste will deteriorate and become dangerous, so I want to proceed to paint as soon as possible. Come to think of it, I’m getting worried about a Russian aircraft kit of Academy which is left so long with the canopy masked.
A water tank truck of the U.S. Army was completed. When I saw the box, I thought it was a gasoline tank truck, but it was a vehicle to supply water to the ground troops. A large water tank is installed on the loading platform. The truck’s tank was able to hold 2,650 liters of water.
Since the basic coating is monotonous, I did a lot of irregular weathering such as marks of raindrops. These vehicles tend to be overused in the back of the frontline, so the hard weathering might not have been an exaggeration.
There was no mention of the inner painting, so it was painted with olive drab. I’ve forgotten what it was like to build an Italeri WWII US truck before. I put a figure on it this time, so I simply painted the inside. Vallejo, Model color olive green might be OK. Then, not only the inside painting but also the driver that I tried hard to paint would not be seen if it was through the glass.
It is an old kit, but I managed to complete it. It’s been about a year since I started. It is one of the logistic support vehicles that support the U.S. Army. It is an indispensable vehicle for ground troops.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build them little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see me here occasionally.