Tamiya has already released a very nice Lang kit; I am now trying to build a stock of Gunze Sangyo (GSI Creos). I think the material in this box is Dragon Models. The box picture is incredible.
It has passed for five years precisely since a massive tsunami attacked northern Japan, the height point was greater than 40m (130 ft).
The part’s color is dark brown; I don’t see too much usually. It’s close to flat earth color, like caramel.
Tamiya’s caterpillar is a rubber belt; It is the only reason I hesitate to purchase the Tamiya kit. This kit includes connection-type tracks; I don’t have to worry about such a thing. I think Tamiya should release Type IV tank tracks of partial connection type because Tamiya is the opinion leader taking out the Military Miniature series…
The suspension module does not have detailed chopped slight parts separation, and the assembling is easy. I remember the TRISTAR IV tank’s lower assembly was complex because of the microscopic parts.
The hatches can be the opening and closing movable. Since there are a lot of hammered pin marks on the backside of the hatches, I’ve filled them with putty.
The caterpillar is a connection assembling type, and the color is German gray. An appearance is good, even if I don’t paint it.
Assembling was completed. It’s easier to build than the recent Dragon kit with many parts.
The characteristic mantlet has the surface mold as a cast.
The OVM is gathered onto the rear of the tank.
The hatches are movable open, and close.
There are many spare parts of connection caterpillar tracks even after using them for excess stock on the backside.
It’s a pretty simple decal sheet. Because it is a little discolored, I think I do use the other stock decals.
I did the blackish painting as the groundwork to show the feeling that came off and got rusty.
I added a dark green. Maybe the dark yellow area smaller is better, as this tank is in the last stage of WWII.
It was my first try to draw small triangle dots this time. First, I made paper masking cut out the triangle shape; these were blurred and almost a failure. The next is to use masking tape and paste it to the tank’s surface. It did not work very well. Were the triangles blurred again? I drew a dot with a thin writing brush freehand one by one, after all. I think this is early and completed beautifully. How is everyone else painting?
I used the extra Cartograf decal of Dragon models; the coloring is good.
Jagdpanzer 70(V) Lang was an improved type of IV L48, changed the main gun to a long gun barrel, and improved the firepower. It was the same main gun as the Panter tank, which performed against the T-34 and KV tanks in the Kursk battle.
The center of gravity is plunged forward to equip with a massive gun. It wasn’t easy to run smoothly. Two-track rollers were replaced with steel wheels.
The caterpillar seemed to be changed for a lightweight type, too.
The back spare caterpillar tracks are a good accent. Such a loading way is often seen in the Sturmgeschütz.
Since the timing of Zimmerit Coating was started from September 1943 to August 1944, this tank was deployed first in September 1944. This vehicle would be unnecessary to have a coating.
The atmosphere is similar to the SU-85 Soviet destroyer tank of Tamiya, which I built last time.
Much equipment was being loaded onto the rear.
I think it is good that a movable hatch opens and closes. I can load the crew immediately if I want.
After the various weathering was completed, I think the yellowing of the decal might not be worrying too much. However, the Cartograf decal is a thin and perfect match to the surface quickly.
The Lang has produced 930 tanks in total. This marking is the 116th Armored Division in Ruhr region Germany in 1945. The number might be somewhat different.
Astrakhan Arkhangelsk line, the first target of the invasion line, was almost completed before their eyes. The predecessor of the 116 division, known as the 16th Motorized Infantry Division, “Hound (Windhund) division,” advanced to Astrakhan in the Soviet Union, a force that had invaded the most eastward. And in France for the rest of 1944, then fought on the western front.
This Division was active until the end of the war. When a triangle dot is put on the surface, I have the vehicle’s atmosphere at the war’s end. In the manual, there was no dot, only in three-color camouflage.
I forgot to paint the periscopes on the front, left, and right, so I painted them black.
The antenna is considerably fragile. It’s all plastic parts in this kit. I think one of the options is making it by myself from the brass wire.
The side periscope was painted black. Chipping or peeling off the water-based paint, the base color was black, and while my weathering works, it changed to gray.
I had started the other models on the way, and the completion was late. This time, I experimentally completed it with a relatively light tone; it may not be wrong. Though LANG is a simple form, there is a German tank atmosphere, especially in the rear upper side, which looks perfect vehicle.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build them little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see me here occasionally.